Next time someone asks me ‘what is Book Art’ I’ll refer them to this diagram by Clive Phillpot.
- art: Work usually produced by the use of skill and creative imagination.
- book: Set of sheets usually fastened together along one edge and trimmed on the other edges.
- art book: Book of which an artist, or art, is the subject.
- artist book: Book of which an artist is the author.
- artist’s book: Book belonging to an artist.
- book object: Artwork that only alludes to the book form, or, a bok rendered unusable as part of an artwork.
- book arts: Crafts utilised in the making of books.
- book art: Artworks that utilise books or the book form.
- bookwork: Artwork dependent upon the structure of the book, or, a book that supports or cotains an artwork.
As the editor of Node Pajomo zine doesn’t like online appearance we won’t upload any pictures about this awesome zine full of with mail art listings and descriptions of various zines and cds.
However we publish here two summary the editor wrote about two Plágium2000 publications.
Tom Soy: Letters. The Wannabe Betters, Plágium2000, Vienna, 2010
Luc Fierens – Kótun Viktor: Special Agents, Postfluxbooklets – Plágium2000, 2014
Kótun Viktor (ed.): Paint It Black! Budapest Catalog, No. 1, Plágium2000, Budapest, 2014
Beside the collaboration with Luc Fierens there is two collaboration in progress. One between Kotun Viktor and Reed Altemus and a tribute issue of the new assembling publication, Budapest Catalog! The theme of the first issue is: Paint It Black!
See two links from artists in exchange / collaboration with Plágium2000:
Plágium2000 participated at the group show organized by young curators and Higgs Field at Budapest Downtown.
The exhibition was ment to be a historical overview of last decades zine scene in Hungary.
Participants: Kaszás Tamás-gyűjtemény, Artpool-archív, Klein László-gyűjtemény, Innen Zines, KARATE ZINE, Plágium 2000, Reflex Zine, Direkt – Bestiarium Hungaricum, Labor Bp Archív, StructZine, Nem mi voltunk! Crew, Pink Reiter, Gondolkodó Antikvárium, Klorofill, Rajzlap, Tokmag Publishing, Fal és Beton fanzine, Indíték Tématéka, Zérro, TACS, Gép-FRújt, Getto, Barikád, HARD, Életjel, Dark Zala Tálym, Diktatúra, Bruthalia, A buvarok reménykednek, Technologie und das Unheimliche et al.
photo: Halasi Dóra
photo gallery of Tóth Gábor: https://www.facebook.com/tgnoisy/media_set?set=a.10203490552216175.1073742036.1584763385&type=1
The Fanzine Show continues in a certain way. We are going to document all incoming fanzine/ bookwork material and upload it to this dynamic anthology here on this site – meanwhile we are open for fanzine show and exhibition collaborations to present our archive live. Right now we have couple of fresh booklets from Reed Altemus (USA) and Luc Fierens (Be). Also some materials sent for ReSite assembling publication of David Dellafiora (AUS). As for our updated postal addresses ask for the actual one at multiplika2000 – gmail.
Meanwhile we participate with Plágium2000 materials at a Fanzine Exhibition in Budapest
A Plágium2000 csoport tagjai a hetvenes- nyolcvanas évek magánkiadóit idéző modorban alkotnak, multiplika-vásárokat szerveznek, jelöletlen szövegátvételeikkel a korszellemnek megfelelő, a szerzőség fogalmán túllépő fénymásolt tartalmakat hoznak létre.
Finally the catalog of the Fanzine Show (organized from 2009 and exhibited in 2010 at Műcsarnok [Kusnthalle], Budapest) is published. The catalogue was edited and printed in Vienna while the editor was staying there at an artist residency program. However due to economic issues the catalogue was only printed in 40 copies. Besidethe full online documentation we kindly ask all the participants who didn’t get a printed catalogue, please, ask for a digital pdf printable version at multiplika2000- gmail – com. Thanks for your understanding!
*Looks great – keep in touch. – BrandStifter Congratulations for your excellent exhibition and project.
I would like to participate in some future project!!!
– Silvio De Gracia Thank you for showing Node at your zine show and for the incoming documentation!
– Node Pajomo Received your mailing today. thanks. nice job on the catalogue! – Reed Altemus Jó lett, köszi! – Szigeti Árpád