I received these beautiful booklets from Laura Watson, Canada.
Next time someone asks me ‘what is Book Art’ I’ll refer them to this diagram by Clive Phillpot.
- art: Work usually produced by the use of skill and creative imagination.
- book: Set of sheets usually fastened together along one edge and trimmed on the other edges.
- art book: Book of which an artist, or art, is the subject.
- artist book: Book of which an artist is the author.
- artist’s book: Book belonging to an artist.
- book object: Artwork that only alludes to the book form, or, a bok rendered unusable as part of an artwork.
- book arts: Crafts utilised in the making of books.
- book art: Artworks that utilise books or the book form.
- bookwork: Artwork dependent upon the structure of the book, or, a book that supports or cotains an artwork.
Kótun Viktor (ed.): Paint It Black! Budapest Catalog, No. 1, Plágium2000, Budapest, 2014
This is a mail art work by Uli Grohmann, Münster, Germany.
Uli got my address from David Dellafiora’s ReSite in which we participated both of us.
Hajdu Zsolt: Mi itt várunk / We Are Waiting Here
Hajdu Zsolt had been shooting a large collection of dogs waiting at the shop entrance for their human masters. His photos are available at one of his blogs: http://csicskakep.tumblr.com/. This booklet was made to publish a drawing selection of the artist.