Next time someone asks me ‘what is Book Art’ I’ll refer them to this diagram by Clive Phillpot.
- art: Work usually produced by the use of skill and creative imagination.
- book: Set of sheets usually fastened together along one edge and trimmed on the other edges.
- art book: Book of which an artist, or art, is the subject.
- artist book: Book of which an artist is the author.
- artist’s book: Book belonging to an artist.
- book object: Artwork that only alludes to the book form, or, a bok rendered unusable as part of an artwork.
- book arts: Crafts utilised in the making of books.
- book art: Artworks that utilise books or the book form.
- bookwork: Artwork dependent upon the structure of the book, or, a book that supports or cotains an artwork.